Thursday 11 April 2013

The Glass Effect

I have always been fascinated with glass and how is applied in design of products, interiors, architecture. Glass is smooth. Glass is transparent. Glass is sleek. Glass is classy. I can go on and on about why I think glass is a good touch to your interiors. 



Show me a home that doesn't have some form of glass in/attached to it and I'll 
show you a flying pig!I think too much of it looses it's desired effect. Just a touch of glass here and there will do. 

Also not the best if you have small kids and am not only talking about fingerprints smudges!

This glass coffee table is very sleek with the two types of glass finishing complementing each other nicely.



An ingenious way of upcycling a glass door panel ~ why not make a headboard out of it. You get sneak peeks of the opposite side of the room.

Interior glass pane door as a headboard


I admire any glass with antique silver mercury. We've got a double whammy below ~ the mirror and the vase greatly jazz up this hallway/staircase.


Now these are different. A chic way of using finials.They look better here than on the end of a curtain pole me thinks! Just mind your head when you lean forward

}My take on the glass effect ~ Don't go overboard,  if possible place it where light can bounce off it & the glass doesn't have to be wholly translucent!~

No comments:

Post a Comment