And it has been an amazing year for Detola and Geek so far. Lots of lessons learnt, joining Instagram, connecting with other small businesses on social media platforms, learning new skills, teaching some lampshade making workshops to name a few.
Before the curtains fall on 2016, here are a few of my highlights I' like to share with you. Hard picking but I guess you will get the picture!
I found this app that allows you to share your nine most "hearted" images on Instagram. Quite awesome, so here is my pictorial view of my journey!
And finally seeing how the perfect pair Detola & Geek African table lampshades tie a room together. The icing on the cake, so to speak :-) (courtesy of Vickie F.)
I have a lot of plans / New Year resolutions for Detola & Geek which I have compartmentalize into manageable blocks. I will be unraveling / rolling them out one by one, steadily, over the months in the New Year.
But here's a snapshot (& in no particular order):
- Finishing off my Detola & Geek brand logo design
- Working on my Detola and Geek website
- New designs involving mixed textures & designs
- New product lines
- Brick & Mortar Stockists
- More Handmade & craft fairs
- More posts on "this" blog! And maybe another spot as a "guest blogger"
- As for the rest I have to keep my lips sealed for now! Sorry folks;-)