Thursday 29 September 2011

DECOREX 2011 ~ Oh what a day (Part I)

The theme for Decorex International 2011 was "Cherished Places. I stumbled upon loads of amazing colour themes, luxury, prints, glamour, retro throwbacks, wallpaper, wow factors, mini-drinks and espresso bars. There were also a few birdcages used at quite a few stands as part of their props.

Here are my very own conclusions seen through my camera lenses. Yes lenses. My old faithful Olympus digital and my Blackberry.!!! Am sure you'll agree with me, the pictures do depict the true Decorex 2011.


Here's my entry badge. Proof I was there !!!!


What striked me first which was unavoidable even if you tried was Nicky Haslam's Foyer you pass through to get to the main hall. All I could say as WOW!!!! I loved the shimmer, the glitter, the glamour, the gold, the silver. In short the whole theme ~ Cherished places.






This is Blenworth who displayed very beautiful and colourful fabrics from their Halcyon prints and embroideries alongside their birdcages. See the play of framed fabrics on the wall.



Met this lovely couple who run a business together called Lizzie Allen. They create beautiful hand screen printed wallpaper.


Love this original vintage Coca-Cola vending machine exhibited by the Games Room company.























The Rug company tent was dead cool !!!


This chair made out of wire was outside de Le Cuona's. They had lovely fabrics displayed inside their tent too.



Talk about getting your colours just right, that’s just what Little Greene did with their “RETROSPECTIVES” theme. A throwback to the 60s & 70s with their 32 authentic colours.






This sofa was so inviting as seen at Munna Baltazar's stand. Had one of these lovely mini cup cakes too. So Yummy.

































Found this giant bowl which is made out of alabaster at Atelier Alain Ellouz's stand. The rose petals were the icing 'in the bowl'.





The House and Garden peeps doing their thing


and the Editor of House and Garden's Sue Crewe ......... "In conversation with Nicky Haslam"  


The Cushionista launched their Cachet collection at the show with this wonderful display of cushions and fabrics.


Catchpole and Rye’s Shower unit made out of joined pipes. The water runs thru them is released through perforated holes in the pipes. Absolutely amazing and aptly called “La Cage D’Amour”.


Also love the cisterns on the wall ..........................















....................... and the white marble double washstand by Catchpole too.


















Evitavonni’s luxurious accessories on the bed below were so divine, I so wanted to snuggle up in it. See the 'chinese cookie-shaped' cushions.



















Pinch was simply Pinch. Very nice wood pieces.



These design pieces plus the table and chair are from Aram. They really made me smile. I like 'different and quirky'. 






Now this I thought was quite different ~ this silver cutlery coffee table by Harlequin


Susie Watson Design’s display with a clever play of colours


And So To Bed’s bed display outside it’s hut stand




Yes, the Stig was there too at Kensington Home technology. I wonder what he was waiting for?




I just couldn’t resist .............


}My take on Decorex 2011 ~ Design stands and the creative forces really upped their ante. My first time attending and it was so very much more than I expected. Can't wait for Decorex 2012~

No comments:

Post a Comment