Tuesday 10 February 2015

Day 2 Art Chain‬ challenge: Bull's Eye African Print Cushion

Day 2 of The ‪#‎ArtChain‬ challenge:
Culled from my Detola and Geek's Facebook page .....
Here is the first cushion I made which I call the Bulls Eye Circles African print fabric cushion.



Shortly after starting my lampshade making journey, I got a message from a potential Etsy customer asking if I made cushions. The fabric they wanted was the Bull's Eye African Print one. I was like yikes - I've never ever used a sewing machine before in my life. After calming myself down I started phoning around, frantically, to see if any of 
my friends could borrow me their sewing machine as well as give me a crash course in 'Sewing 101'. I found one nearly immediately & I replied the customer letting them know that I DO make cushions as well. That was my introduction to the world of sewing. Two borrowed sewing machines later, am the proud owner of a Janome 7025 
smile emoticon
I nominate my very talented friend Lee of 'By Candlelight 27' to share for 5 days 1 creation per day & nominate a different person each time. Off you go girl ......

No comments:

Post a Comment