Tuesday 25 October 2011

My colour inspirations ~ Earth tones

As an Interior Designer, I pay particular attention to my surrounding, no matter where I may be. I always seem to find or see something that tickles my fancy, colour-wise!!!. Today I am going to share with you colours of the earth.

Earth Tone Colors for Quiltsthumbnail
Image via www.ehow.com

Earth tones are colours that basically mimic the earth we live in. They represent nature's colour themes which can be browns, greys, greens, whites, reddish and orange. Just to name a few. Earth tones are just simply 'down-to-earth'.

Image via designerblinds.com

Below is what I call a good blend of earth tone colours for a bedroom.



These african mudcloths ~ very beautiful tones.
African Bambara Mudcloth Sheet (4 Color Earth Tone)


Fresco Designs with Classical Style Decoration - Beautiful Fresco Bedroom Design Wall Mural Earth Tones
image via momoge.com/

Converted Interior in a Stylish and Contemporary Space 12 587x436 Friendly natural in bedroom
}My take on earth tone colours ~ they are very rich, pleasing on the eye and blend nicely together~ 

2 comments:

  1. definitely love the earthtones...they seem to give off a warm and inviting vibe. Appreciate the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They so do. Thanks for liking my blog!

    ReplyDelete