Friday 1 February 2013

The Cloth Shop ~ a treasure trove of fabrics & trimmings


I've always wanted to visit this cute little shop in London ever since I saw it feature on Kelly Hoppen's Superior Interiors. The name is 'The Cloth Shop' and it is nested along the famous Portobello Road. My wish came true last week when I got the chance to go to venture into the big city. That's just what I did.



You see I live in the country (escaped London a while ago now).
But I do miss certain haunts and fine discoveries that one stumbles upon in London (both Inner & Greater).

The Cloth Shop has cottons, cotton muslins, ginghams, linens, antique linens, silk and even Irish wool picnic blankets. The choices are endless. And they come in striped, plain, flowery, check forms.

For this post I will let the pictures speak for themselves .......


 Buttons n Jars galore .....


And loads of ribbons for trimmings too


And I came home with these lovely two finds (remnants from the back room). The beige with the candy-pink & grey stripes is made of silk while brown & blue mid century patterned fabric is Italian cotton. Bargain finds they were too. I can't wait to transform these for my non-Ankara fabric lampshades range which I will be adding to my Etsy Shop soon.


If you need fabrics especially rare and hard to find, am sure the very nice people at The Cloth Shop will be more than happy to help!

Oh by the way, did I tell you that the customer service is top notch too!

No comments:

Post a Comment