Tuesday 3 March 2015

Day 3 Art Chain Challenge: Red & Green African Print Chevron handmade Lampshade & Cushion

This was a rare vintage ‪ African print design.The pattern was so popular that I had to join two pieces of fabric together in making this lampshade. 

A customer wanted one to match the cushion she was about to order online via my Etsy Shop. I checked with her first to see if she was happy with me using 2 separate fabric pieces to make her 35cm drum lamp shade. She said YES!!! 

Talk about precision aligning & invisible meeting line of two pieces of fabric. Phew! No pressure. At all. LOL.


Here's the feedback I received "Lovely! Well-made items. Easy to communicate with. Thanks so much! :-)

I then went on to nominate the lovely Ceridwen of Ceridwen Hazelchild Design who is one awesome Illustrator! to share for 5 days 1 creation per day & nominate a different person each time. Off you go girl.

Here are my deets if you need a lampshade or any other home decor product:


Shops: Etsy http://www.DetolaAndGeek.etsy.com                Folksy http://www.DetolaAndGeek.folksy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment